Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sydney Chocolate School...

So as I'm sure you would all be aware of by now... I have a huge fascination with food! I love all food but in particular sweet food. The kind of food that is served for morning tea, eaten as a sneaky snack, included in a beautiful high tea, following a main meal and taken on the sly from the fridge in the middle of the night. I adore sweet foods! I adore finding lovely recipes to experiment with, watching them being made and served, making them myself.... but mostly eating them!
And so this page is for these adventures... starting with the beautiful chocolate making course I did with Mama Bear on Friday the 17th February 2012. Located over in Chowder Bay near the old naval base, there is complex of 21 units, white in colour. They all have amazing polished wood floors and views of the water. Surrounded by grass and walking tracks the area really is rather breath-taking.
I discovered
Sydney Chocolate School on Cudo a few weeks ago when they were running an offer for the basic level one chocolate course for $50, rather than the regular price of $150. I quickly bought vouchers for myself and Mama Bear and booked us in for 3 hours of absolutely chocolatey heaven!
The Sydney Chocolate School is run through
Coco Chocolate Australia, which I can assure you there will be another tantilising post about in the not too distant future! The day was started with a very drinkable coffee for Mama Bear as we were a weeny bit early. We met Rebecca (owner of Coco Chocolate Australia and our lovely teacher for the day) who would take us through the fine art of hand tempering chocolate on a marble slab, the science of producing chocolate and the production of beautifully presented chocolate bars, shapes and filled chocolates over the course of 3 hours.
It was nothing short of amazing and we were quickly filling our watering mouths with liquid and semi solid chocolate! I was also very impressed to find out that Rebecca only uses organic and ethically traded chocolate in her beautiful artworks (yes chocolate to me is a form of art)! Unfortunately I did not take a camera with me though (the excitement of kilos of melted chocolate played havoc with my sense of responsibility) so I cannot show you our amazing adventure nor her beautifully designed chocolates :-(
I can most definitely recommend it though! Well worth the $150 you would ordinarily pay, and luckily for Mama Bear and I it was amazing value at our cudo price! Please go and see at least the stores for an indulgent hot chocolate or selection of handmade pieces of art! Contact details are available off her
website!
Peace x.

No comments:

Post a Comment