Friday, February 24, 2012

Wildpear...

Apart from running around trying to figure things out for the purchase for my first property (big YAH!!) I had a pretty peaceful week :-)


Monday started the way it always does... without work and a generous sleep in to help catch up with my sanity. I had organised to go out with a friend (whom I am mentioning due to his sheer awesomeness) I met while I was working in Castle Towers many moons ago. We both seem to have an appreciation of brunch and amazing coffee. Rather than go to our standard
Max Brenner catch up I thought we should try something new and rather local to myself, so I suggested Wildpear (unfortunately they have no website but are easily found on eatability).


I got there a little bit early and sat in my car opening mail and watching a few local mummies arrive for their weekly catch up and tradesmen picking up their morning coffees. I figured the place must have been quite nice as it always seems busy on weekends. My friend eventually arrives sigh... (Just kidding muffin!) and we entered the small cottage-convert cafe. We were greeted by a nice girl who let us choose our own seating either inside or on the verandah. Naturally we chose the verandah as it was quite a nice day.



I started with a beautiful skim cap and my friend a latte and a bloody Mary. All arrived promptly but the table had not been set with sugar so we were forced to steal some from a vacant table. Now I've never tried a bloody Mary before as I have never been a fan of alcohol in the morning... it makes me feel like a cheeky child. Boy was it worth that slight feeling of guilt! It was surprisingly scrumptous and served with long match stick style cucumber lengths rather than celery. With a squeeze of lemon (which can prove difficult for those who inflict injuries on themselves as a result of too much golf - yes golf) I could see it being the perfect cure to a hangover, or even a new substitute for my current breakfast beverage :-)



After a bit of a mental battle over what choice I should make for my breakfast I chose the bacon and eggs. It sounded amazing with wilted baby spinach, a grilled tomato, all served on sourdough bread... Need I say it was amazing! I had actually seen a family's meals arrive and there was a yummy looking hashbrown on the side of the father's plate - so obviously I had to order one.


The meals arrived and they looked much better than they sounded and tasted just as good as they looked! The only disappointment I had was with the hashbrown. It was one of the old style hashbrowns with grated potato, egg and spring onion which are then fried to have a crisp outside and soft(ish) centre. It was just too oily :-( The rest of the meal was beautiful though, so the kitchen would definitely hear only compliments from this happy little breakfaster!


Moral of the story... Wildpear is a cute little cafe that serves amazing food in a well lit, climate controlled (inside) and friendly environment! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to have a relaxed meal and then walk through the nursery / pot store, and from memory it is now open for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights :-)


Peace x.

No comments:

Post a Comment