Monday, March 5, 2012

It's been a long week...

So I had quite a beautiful week believe it or not! It was long and a little tiring but I got there in the end - that's what counts hey? I was so tired at the start of the week and thought... oh no blood test time! but it ended up being OK after an amazing night's sleep :-)

Friday I did a fair amount of cooking, which was more than just a little bit enjoyable tehe. I made some yummy yummy peanut butter and choc chip cookies and also some no bake lemon slice (I promise I will make them again in the next 3 weeks so I will take some awesome pictures and get them posted on here ASAP). As usual I worked on Saturday, but it was not so bad as I got to finish at 1:30p.m. and we all pigged out on the goodies I took to eat anyway!

Saturday night I got to cross something off my list as well. I went out with one of my beautiful friends and we had mexican :-) it's a rather cute little place tucked away in an arcade style part of Coogee and goes by the name of
Beach Burrito. My lovely Hollie is a vegetarian so we had vegetarian Nachos and bean and cheese Quesadilla.... soooo yummy! And of course we couldn't forget the most important part of our meal - the frozen Margaritas! I chose a vodka base and Hollie went with tequila (bad memories for me with that particular spirit :-P ). They were nothing short of amazing and definitely made our night far more enjoyable!

Sunday rolled around and I'd organised to see my friend mister Maccas again. We went to a new little cafe in Castle Hill. For those of you familiar the area it is on the outside of the mall, opposite Castle Tower's Piazza. OK so I must let you all know now... I've been searching the internet for about 5 minutes trying to find a website to link the name of this Cafe to with no avail. I found a few with some nasty reviews so I refuse to include them :-) The Cafe is called RAW 101 and it is not only a little cafe but also a clothing store so give them a break for 5 seconds guys.

I quite enjoyed the atmosphere but it may have to do with the beautiful sunshine that mother nature decided to grace us with - I was just disappointed mister Maccas had chosen to sit inside rather than out :-( Anyway... I chose to have a caramel latte on skim and he opted for a double shot latte. The caramel latte was made on site (by that I mean they didn't just make me a latte and then pour too much caramel topping into it... I can't remember what the beautiful girl serving said but they infused - don't quote me on that! - the beans themselves) and is was AMAZING! We sat around talking for way too long and were asked twice before we'd actually decided. This was not a bad thing... they weren't pushy and understood how Sundays generally are :-)

I chose to have an omlette and he had berry pancakes. They were both very tasty but not what I expected. I've grown up with an omlette being a toasted sandwich with all the filling on the inside, and was a bit shocked to find it mixed throughout the egg! It was still very tasty with the baby spinach, mushroom and tomato filling (I opted for no feta - I have a story I'll share with you about feta one day)! The pancakes were tasty (yes i steal my friends' food regularly - they understand) but weren't what I expected either. Rather than having berries throughout the pancakes they were merely placed on top with some (very very tasty syrup) drizzled over the top. The lovely breakfast came to $30-something altogether and I was actually fairly impressed. The cafe itself is a bit minimalist but I have to say that's how I roll... I'd prefer something like that than to go into a cafe with a whole bunch of 'stuff' decorating every inch of the premise (unless it's kooky and interesting of course).

So here is to the next week *raises coffe cup* and the adventures to come!
Peace x.

No comments:

Post a Comment