Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baileys and Choc Chip cookies

So I made the most A+mazing biscuits on Sunday night and I just had to share it with my fellow (alcoholic) bakers! Anyone else who is a BIG fan of Baileys will love these Baileys and Choc Chip cookies! I came about them after a craving of Baileys. Now I love to experiment and so thought... hey there has got to be somebody out there that also shares my joy (and disappointment when it is an epic failure) and started searching. To my luck this wonderful Mama has created a fantastic blog that contains incredible delights - as she so rightly says... Enter at the risk of your diet :-)

I know it's an American recipe but it is easy to convert (and you'll find a lot of our cup measurements sold in Australia are actually American and slightly off). So for starters you'll need to turn your oven to 180 degrees C. I chose to bake mine at 160 degrees C because I use a fan forced oven. From there you can either follow the recipe using whatever type of measurement instruments you have - or you can convert everything... Up to you! I just borrowed my mum's old measuring stuff as it's in the correct system - I get confused about what it's called so I might make a bit of a fool of myself by saying I think it's called Metric :-)

Anyway... Much luck with your cooking adventured! The recipe is pretty easy and you'll absolutely LOVE the outcome (who doesn't love cookies with 1/2 a cup of Baileys in it!!). I'm going to try it with the mint version of Baileys in the not too distant future and maybe crush up some of the mint slice chocolates (the ones with crystalised peppermint through the centre not the cream style filling) and of course The Nerd's Wife's Nutella Choc Chip Cookies. I'll let you know how I go!

Peace x.

No comments:

Post a Comment